Senior Safety Engineer | VIC-Williamstown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-May-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Be at the forefront of providing end-to-end engineering process and technical authorisations of system safety and certification
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture, Williamstown location
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
About the Opportunity
As a Senior Safety Engineer for our maritime business, you will provide oversight and the appropriate System Safety and Certification engineering input for the development or modification of systems across various naval platforms within our business including ANZAC and Hydrographic vessels. You will:
- Manage the engineering activities within a structured Systems Engineering framework to support the delivery of engineering solutions, in accordance with BAE Systems' Engineering Management Plan and procedures.
- Ensure that professional engineering technical and operational support is accurate, safe, on-time and on-budget to support project, task and bid activities
- Support the delivery of system safety engineering solutions and advice for projects undertaken within a structured Safety Engineering methodology
- Support the delivery of regulatory certification solutions and advice for projects undertaken by the Business Unit within a structured regulatory framework such as NTRF.
- Investigate and resolve System Safety and Certification related technical issues that may arise in the development and modification of ship equipment, systems or materials.
As the ideal applicant, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience working directly in System safety engineering ideally in defence or other allied industries
- Degree level qualifications in Safety, Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Systems Engineering or a suitable combined engineering discipline (or equivalent) and engineering experience satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- A high level of self-motivation, time management with a strong team focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Applications should be addressed to: Kusha Sharma, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.