ICT Security Analyst | ACT-Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Apr-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- You will be at the forefront of design and operational management of aspects of ICT Security Systems
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
As an ICT Security Analyst, you will be responsible for assisting in the design and operational management of aspects of ICT Security Systems and associated infrastructures within the business environment to protect computer systems from unauthorized access.
In more specific terms you will:
- Assist in technical advice to business or customer in the day-to-day delivery of services, including responding to user problems and rectifying faults.
- Assist in implementing projects under direction from Project Manager within defined schedule and budget.
- Assist in the effective operation of security infrastructure including antivirus, firewall, network and host IPS and device control technologies across multiple platforms and environments of workstations, servers and exchange environments.
- Assist in the Security Administration of day-to-day administration of network security infrastructure including intrusion protection systems; security event correlation systems email gateways, firewalls and VPN appliances to ensure effective and efficient operation.
- Identify process improvement to optimise service delivery and cost benefit to the business or customer.
- Assist in reviewing all security documentation and procedures meet compliance requirements.
- Assist in the assessment of the impact of new technologies on existing or planned systems.
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in relevant ICT environment
- ICT or Engineering related degree or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of project management techniques and processes.
- Ability to provide guidance on system(s) to colleagues, internal stakeholders and customers.
- Confident oral and written communicator able to build effective relationships with business representatives, customers and suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships (across teams) and work with minimal supervision to resolve conflicts.
- Ability to demonstrate systems analysis skills, critical thinking and problem solving
Applications should be addressed to: Kusha Sharma, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html