Solution Architect | SA-Adelaide CBD
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-May-2019|
- Design solutions and develop capability for Australias Hunter Class Frigate Program
- Influence stakeholders and drive change across the business
- Located initially in Adelaide, CBD then at the Osborne Shipbuilding site
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Solution Architect in our team who are currently located in our project office in Adelaide's CBD before we move to the Osborne Shipbuilding site in 2020.
About the Opportunity
As the Solution Architect, you will report directly to the Manager, Strategy & Architecture in this newly created role, and take responsibility for understanding the technical requirements for ICT or IT projects executed by the BAE Systems Hunter Class Program. Your objective will be to ensure that an appropriate technical solution is architected and designed, as per our customer requirements and BAE Systems standards.
Overall, you will work closely with key stakeholders to lead the development and management of the concept and architecture of the solution to ensure that its' operational, functional, performance and technical requirements are in accordance with best practice. You will identify and manage the technical risks associated with the solution development and integration programs, liaise with client stakeholders to determine their needs and objectives of the desired system and act as the primary point of contact for the customer for issues relating to overall technical solution.
Furthermore, working as 'one team' across several time zones, it is expected that all team members be flexible with their start and finish times to maintain a work life balance. Frequent evening meetings will be required to ensure we are aligned and are able to work as 'one team'.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Relevant qualifications in an engineering or information technology discipline in addition to proven experience as a Solution Architect of a complex project solution
- Explore the art of the possible, analyse various architectural options based on feasibility and impact, and propose recommendations
- Demonstrates strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Maintains close awareness of new and emerging technologies and their potential application for shipbuilding/manufacturing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Experience designing and costing large Information Management &Technology solutions
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements.
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Michelle Dawson, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au