Software Engineer | ACT-Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Apr-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- You will be at the forefront of ensuring the technical integrity and quality of the software systems.
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
As a Software Engineer, you will be recognised in a specific software domain, technology, or methodology and bring that specialisation to bear in the development of software systems. You will provide technical leadership and guidance to more junior members of the project team and will have significant responsibility for ensuring the technical integrity and quality of the software system.
In more specific terms you will:
- Be accountable for the design and development of software systems in accordance with the contractual and company requirements in order to achieve the required business performance.
- Provide technical leadership relevant Software Engineering activities conducted by a software team under the project.
- As required, manage and track the execution of Software Engineering activities with primary focus on the technical integrity and quality of the CSCI.
- Champion the use of 'Best Practice' Software Engineering processes and methods across the team.
- Provide guidance to team members in the application of standard BAE SYSTEMS Engineering process.
- Assist in the establishment of project specific Software Engineering Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Provide an interface between the relevant Software Engineering teams and BAE SYSTEMS Management and Customer representatives.
- Lead the Identification and resolution of technical issues associated with the execution of Software Engineering activities across the team.
- Ensure the collection of relevant Software Engineering technical performance measures to ensure accurate tracking of the technical integrity of the software products
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in the software engineering discipline with exposure to all software development lifecycle phases
- Software Engineering or technology degree qualified
- Satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Meets the requirements for registration as Chartered Engineer and preferably be a member of a professional body
- Satisfying the requirements to obtain a defence security clearance of SECRET
Applications should be addressed to Kusha Sharma, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html