Solution Architect | NSW-Garden Island
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Apr-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Be part of a team that work on cutting edge technology in an organisation that values innovative thinking and flexible work practices
- Fixed term opportunity until December 2019
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Solution Architect in our team in Garden Island, Sydney.
About the Opportunity
You will liaise with client stakeholders to determine their needs and objectives of the desired system to ensure that all developed designs satisfy the end user needs.
You will be responsible for architecting the total solution, enabling its adoption via a change program.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Liaise with client stakeholders to determine their needs and objectives of the desired system and ensure that all developed designs satisfy end user needs
- Be responsible for architecting the total solution, enabling its adoption via a change programme
- Be accountable for ensuring acceptance of associated document deliverables for the related People, Process and Technology solutions
- Engage and work closely with key stakeholders to deliver an effective solution
- Identify and manage the technical risks associated with the solution development and integration programs
- Ensure that the design meets all statutory regulatory requirements
- Act as the primary point of contact for the customer for issues relating to overall technical solution
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrated proven experience handling third party system integrations as part of an integrated solution with through life supportability designed in:
- Data Migration and orchestration/Data Quality functionality e.g. managing an ESB provider
- Implementation and integration of 3rd party ERP solution
- Integration of other functionality such as Business Intelligence software/ 3D visualisation software etc.
- Significant experience in an IT environment with a broad understanding across a range of technologies including engineering and business systems and an understanding of the wider business direction and strategy
- Demonstrated experience at a senior level working in a software engineering or systems integration organisation
- Extensive expertise across a broad technology base and experience in complex ICT projects
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
- Exceptional leadership skills to coach, mentor and develop a small team
- Ability to work in a complex and at times ambiguous environment
Whilst not essential, a degree in ICT or engineering, will be an advantage.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be eligible to obtain and maintain a baseline security clearance and be cleared for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.