Project Manager | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-May-2019|
- Influence our key stakeholders with your forward thinking and tech savvy experience
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
- Based in Garden Island, NSW
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a seasoned Project Manager, used to working with complex stakeholders and highly technical projects, to join our Maritime Sustainment team based in Garden Island, New South Wales
About the Opportunity
As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that the technical, cost and schedule goals associated with Maritime Sustainment Projects are achieved in accordance with the contractual and company requirements in order to deliver required business performance.
More specifically you will:
- Execute the contract and be accountable for all aspects of project deliverable compilation and review leading to successful project review activity
- Ensure that the project team achieves the required performance in terms of schedule, budget and technical requirements
- Ensure that products and services delivered as part of a project are in accordance with the product safety policy and provide customer satisfaction
- Ensure that all members of the project team are engaged in understanding and proactively managing their contribution to product safety
- Carry out project reviews to meet project and internal company review requirements
- Act as a focal point for teaming and supplier/subcontract discussions
- Build and maintain customer relationships by being a focal point for customer contact
- Identify project opportunities and risks and develop mitigation strategies for pursuit throughout contract phases. Monitor and report on the status of risks and opportunities
- Report on project performance and issues at the business unit reviews where required
- Implement and follow the project management policies and processes across the domains as determined by the project management function
- Ensure that the project resource requirements, to meet current and future needs, are identified to the relevant function manager
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in leading diverse commercial or defence teams coupled with a relevant qualification
- The ability to manage the creation of intellectual property on a software project
- The ability to build solid relationships with all stakeholders in a complex environment
- A confident no-nonsense approach plus resilience to negotiate with strong savvy stakeholders
- The ability to manage competing priorities and not be deflected by remote outcomes
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au