Software Engineer | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Perform engineering development work in the hub of innovation
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
As an experienced software engineer based in our Richmond Office within the Weapon Systems business, you will be capable of delivery best practice in software development in order to produce quality code. You will be part of this vibrant team, playing a critical role with the opportunity to utilise your software engineering experience whilst continuing to grow and develop professionally.
In more specific terms you will:
- Detailed design of software components
- Developing software components
- Undertaking verification and validation
- Managing project infrastructure and tooling
- Supporting the integration of software and hardware components
- Collaborating with the wider engineering team and independently reviewing peers' work
- Developing and maintaining documentation
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- A university degree coupled with significant relevant experience in software engineering
- Exposure to more than one of the software development lifecycle phases (waterfall, incremental and agile)
- A strong mathematical background to support the development of algorithms and an ability to implement the algorithms in software
- Knowledge of electronic warfare concepts
- Experience in analyses and implementation of engineering solutions, its integration, validation and qualification testing
- Experience in developing software in a selection of the following technologies:
1. C++ software development languages
2. Software development under the Windows and/or UNIX environments
3. Object Oriented Design principles / UML Modelling / structured (Functional) Design principles
- An awareness of Configuration and Change Management using the Windchill configuration management tool
- Experience in Peer Reviews to check work product maturity & completeness
- Strong problem solving skills, be a self-starter and a practical thinker
- Excellent communication skills
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.The remuneration package on offer for this role is in the range of $85,000 -$95,000 (inclusive superannuation).
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html