Delivery Lead - Shared Infrastructure and Navigation | SA-Adelaide CBD
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-May-2019|
DELIVERY LEAD- SHARED INFRASTRUCTURE & NAVIGATION
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring your advanced defence systems delivery expertise to a program integral to the protection capability of our nation
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as Delivery Lead- Shared Infrastructure & Navigation in our team in the Hunter Class- Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Frigates production program.
About the Opportunity
This role will commence as soon as possible and is located in the Adelaide CBD providing leadership for the delivery of Shared Infrastructure & Navigation aspects of the Hunter Class program. Engineering activities initially will be focused on a successful design and prototyping so that we may begin production of 9 Hunter Class ASW Frigates in 2022. As the successful candidate you will:
- Be responsible for the delivery of the Shared Infrastructure and Navigation solutions, leading the expertise within the team to execute within the competing demands of cost, schedule, performance, quality and contractual agreements
- Lead and promote collaboration between Project Management, Supply Chain and Engineering and general collaborative behaviours within the domain by setting an example
- Plan, manage and report on the Cost Account for the domain
- Responsible for Line Management of the engineering resources within the domain
- Support the Head of Combat Systems Delivery to develop an affordable and capable Type 26 ship variant
- Support the Combat Systems Design Authority for the Hunter Class design
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Ability to manage Combat Systems Warfare Domain Specialists (Shared Infrastructure & Navigation), multi-site teams interfacing with a wide range of suppliers and customers
- Knowledge and experience in the development of integration of complex equipment (Shared Infrastructure & Navigation) in the naval environment
- Knowledge and experience in the deployment of modern systems engineering techniques, tools and processes
- Knowledge and experience in the development of warship maritime systems
- The ability to demonstrate leadership, collaborative behaviours and advanced negotiation skills to engage and influence key stakeholders
- Have a high understanding of cost, schedule and commercial awareness
- Coach, mentor and develop team members to meet succession planning objectives
Whilst not essential, engineering qualifications is an expectation for the successful applicant along with strong experience in defence programs of similar intent or magnitude will be viewed favourably.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Derek Blaschek, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.