Senior Project Accountant | VIC-Richmond
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:|| Senior Project Accountant_PD435_09_G7.pdf (PDF, 377KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Apr-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Work on Australias largest defence export project
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Project Accountant in our team in Richmond as part of the Weapons Systems Line of Business. We have free onsite parking, with the office right next to Victoria Gardens Shopping Centre.
About the Opportunity
You would be working with a highly innovative and technologically advanced team that has developed one of Australias largest defence export, that generates more than $1 billion in export revenue for our economy.
As the Senior Project Accountant, within Weapons Systems you will play an integral part working closely with our Lead Project Managers maintaining the financial functions within the projects to ensure integrity and transparency of financial data to facilitate planning and decision-making.
If you are looking to grow your career into a senior Management role then this is a pathway towards your goal.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Be responsible for the preparation and review of monthly project reporting data and provide submissions into Monthly Management Reviews (MMR).
- Preparation and review of variance reporting versus prior forecasts and budgets.
- Oversee Foreign Exposure (FX) management and hedging to minimise FX exposure.
- Support pricing of Bids for New Business, Contract Change Proposal's and Sub-contract Change Proposal's
- Operate, maintain and improve budgeting and forecasting processes for the project.
- Improve processes used to calculate accurate, timely and efficient reporting of the financial results for the Project.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience as a Project Accountant working within a large project environment paired with relevant tertiary qualifications and hold CA or CPA qualifications
- Confidence to interact effectively with Colleagues, Project Managers, Key stakeholders within and outside your immediate team, to implement business requirements
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under your own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- High literacy and numeracy skills as well as advanced MS Office skills, especially in Excel
- Knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards and Australian International Framework of Reporting Standards (AIFRS)
Whilst not essential, experience using Oracle ERP is highly desirable.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Julie Lane – Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.