Commercial Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Apr-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Senior leadership role to shape and influence business decisions
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Commercial Manager in our Integrated Systems team based in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
As the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for providing commercial guidance and direction to the business, including direct management of significant commercial issues and leading commercial negotiations in relation to our Integrated Systems business unit.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Lead a team of Commercial Managers and Officers to deliver business critical commercial and contractual objectives
- Manage relationships with internal/external customers and cross business/functional requirements
- Identify and manage commercial risks and liabilities, develop cost-effective means of managing those risks and implement appropriate mitigation measures
- Prepare negotiating strategies and lead negotiating teams on commercial issues
- Prepare and deliver commercial management plans as required
- Drive the implementation of commercial policies and practices including the assurance of adherence to functional governance requirements
- Provide guidance to the business and projects on compliance with contract, corporate Australian government and foreign government requirements for management of intellectual property, and the plan and management of Australian Industry Capability
- Attend and contribute to phase reviews, bid approval reviews and contract status reviews
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in a commercial, contracts, business management or other relevant discipline
- Significant experience in a commercial management position
- Previous experience working in the Defence industry and an understanding of AUSDEFCON
- Strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- An ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of areas, to shape and implement business requirements
- Advanced problem solving skills and ability to balance conflicting priorities
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au