Electronics Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-May-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Contribute to the hardware engineering efforts of a high performing, cohesive team
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an Electronics Engineer in the High Frequency Systems program.
About the Opportunity
This role will commence as soon as possible and is located at Edinburgh Parks providing Electronics Engineering input to a team working on cutting edge, exportable defence radar technology. As the successful candidate you will:
- Derive electronic/electrical system requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and electronic system requirements reviews
- Undertake engineering activities in electronics/electrical system design and manufacture to meet the needs of the program
- Execute requirements against the full engineering lifecycle from concept to delivery
- Contribute to a culture of best practice sharing, supporting team mates and by demonstrating collaborative behaviours
- Nurture and maintain upfront customer relations and collaboration
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Degree qualification in electronics or electrical engineering
- Leadership experience in a complex systems environment
- A strong commitment to safety principles
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Derek Blaschek, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.