Expressions of Interest - Project Managers | WA-Henderson
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-May-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Long term project with opportunities to drive successful outcomes
- Enjoy a flexible and innovative company with a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
The Department of Defence - Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG) manages nationally, significant projects and sustainment activities that are un-paralleled in size, scope, cost, risk profile and level of complexity. The CASG chosen partner for the Sustainment of ANZAC Class Ships is the Warship Asset Management Alliance (WAMA). The WAMA is a Commonwealth, BAE Systems, Naval Ship Management and Saab Australia Alliance, a strategic long term partnership, responsible for the delivery of materially seaworthy warships to the Royal Australian Navy.
BAE Systems are seeking expressions of interest for Project Managers, based in Henderson and Rockingham locations. In this role, you will be accountable for the planning, management and delivery of a project using effective project management methodology to ensure the project team achieves the required performance in terms of schedule, budget and technical requirements.
Other key responsibilities will see you:
- Ensure all project requirements and objectives are documented and appropriately pursued
- Establish appropriate key success indicators and recommend trade-offs between scope, quality, time and cost
- Ensure that products and services delivered provide excellent customer satisfaction
- Maintain strong working relationships with all suppliers, contractors and internal stakeholders
- Identify project opportunities and risks and develop mitigation strategies for pursuit throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure high performance of the project team through clear direction, guidance and mentoring
- Manage compilation leading to successful project review activities
- Ensure that technical resource requirements are identified, resolved and meet current and future needs
- Contribute to business development activities including preparation of minor bids and campaigns
As an ideal applicant, you'll have:
- A qualification (degree level or higher) in project management or related discipline
- Demonstrated project management experience within an engineering or large maintenance organisation (Defence industry experience highly desirable)
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills in order to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to lead and motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape outcomes and implement business requirements
- An ability to effectively balance conflicting and demanding priorities
Applications should be addressed to Sinead Booth – Talent Acquisition Specialist by close of business Monday 20th May 2019. Please apply online and ensure you attach a current resume and cover letter to your application.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.