LOGISTICS ENGINEER | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Defence industry leader with a strong focus on career development
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Logistics Engineer in our team in our Garden Island, Potts Point.
About the Opportunity
We believe in giving our people inspired work now and into the future. An opportunity has arisen for a dedicated Logistics Engineer to partner with our Maritime Sustainment business. This rewarding position will be offered on a permanent and full time basis and will report to our Logistics Engineering Team Lead.
As a Logistics Engineer, you will
- Conduct specialty logistics activities for project specific requirements
- Develop specialty logistics analysis and ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Undertake the validation of the design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Perform peer review activities of technical documentation and ensure consistent high quality product output
- Undertake product change management and quality control processes
- Utilise speciality logistics tools to perform specialty logistics documentation development and verification
- Assist in the development of project infrastructure including tools deployment, metrics collection and process development
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Logistics/Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) engineering skills and experience
- The ability to think creatively, challenge current processes and drive successful outcomes
- Experience with the Asset Management Planning System (AMPS) and familiarity with the Reliability Centred Maintenance process
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to produce technical reports
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.