Service Desk Officer | SA-DSTO
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Apr-2019|
- Full time permanent opportunity
- Delight our internal customers with your superior service skills
- Based at the DSTG, SA
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
As a result of internal movement, we are seeking an experienced Service Desk Officer. As the Service Desk Officer, you will be responsible for processing and coordinating appropriate and timely responses to requests for IT support and incident reports, including channelling requests for help to appropriate teams for resolution, monitoring resolution activity and keeping customers appraised of progress towards service resolution.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Receive and handle requests for support, following agreed procedures and within service level agreement guidelines
- Contribute to timely responses and recommendations on support requests and continuous improvement strategies to customer problems and queries to deliver a high level of customer service and reduce lifecycle processes
- Troubleshoot and provide information to enable resolution on support requests and promptly allocate unresolved calls as appropriate
- Effectively handle incident reports, prioritising where necessary
- Deliver communications relating to service delivery issues to the business or customer
- Install and configure desktop hardware and software
- Create and maintain support documentation
- Assist with hardware loan pool
- Assist with projects where allocated
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- An information technology (IT) related diploma or sound equivalent experience in an IT administrator role
- A superior customer service focus and an engaging telephone manner
- A strong work ethic and a collaborative team approach
- A NV2 defence security clearance is required
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
Applications should be addressed to: Shane Blogg, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.