Business System Administrator | SA-DSTO
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Apr-2019|
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. This 100 percent Australian solution is strategically important to Australia's security, BAE Systems has been entrusted to execute the midlife upgrade of this capability. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in a prominent defence environment.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Business Systems Administrator in our JORN Phase 6 team in Edinburgh, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
Due to growth within the business, we are looking for a motivated individual to join the team. As a Business Systems Administrator you will be responsible for assisting with supporting, maintaining and developing applications for the JORN Phase 6 team.
In terms of specific duties, you will:
- Assist with stakeholder management, user support, analysis, development, testing and production delivery coordination
- Assist with timely responses on support requests and queries
- Assist with identifying and resolving application malfunctions
- Assist with the development of general specifications and support documentation
- Assist in adapting and configuring application software packages
- Create and assemble modules (application objects and components)
- Assist in the performing and validating solution prototyping
- Monitor performance against quality assurance plans, service level agreements and service continuity
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience within the defence industry
- An IT or engineering related degree
- Experience supporting Windows and/or Linux operating environments
- Experience maintaining and supporting a broad range of applications
- Exceptional customer service skills and an ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- The ability to manage and prioritise tasks based on requirements
Whilst not essential, ITIL and/or agile qualifications would be advantageous.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Brenna Ryan, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.