COMBAT/COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS ENGINEERS X2 POSITIONS | VIC-Williamstown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-May-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Opportunity to work on exciting Defence industry projects and to part of an inclusive and friendly team
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Combat/Communications Systems Engineer in our team in Williamstown, Victoria.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking to appoint committed and savvy Combat/Communications Systems Engineers to be integral members and partner with our Maritime Sustainment business. These key roles will report to the Engineering Team Lead and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Design, develop and integrate combat/communications systems and equipment
- Provide leadership and specialist advice to the engineering team on the delivery of assigned engineering tasks
- Coach and mentor multi-discipline engineering team and review engineering designs
- Derive system and equipment requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and requirements reviews
- Develop complex system and equipment architectures and conduct reviews of hardware architectures
- Perform the functional analysis of system and equipment architectural designs, including the identification of and assessment against critical performance factors
- Perform the engineering management of the system and equipment manufactures from the hardware implementations
- Undertake the full qualification of systems and equipment including devising solutions to qualification problems
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A relevant engineering degree satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Combat systems engineering or communications engineering experience
- Team leadership experience
- Self-motivation, be proactive and driven to improve current process and solve problems
- Systems engineering experience and a strong understanding of systems engineering processes
Whilst not essential, weapons systems experience and engineering experience within the Maritime industry will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.