Application Analyst | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Jun-2019|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an Application Analyst in our team in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
To meet the needs of our growing business, we welcome applications from experienced Application Analysts to join our IT Business Systems team.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with stakeholder management, user support, analysis, development, testing and production delivery coordination
- Responding to queries regarding SharePoint and provide troubleshooting assistance
- Providing support to internal and external customers via the JIRA Service Desk portal
- Coordinating and assist with the upgrade of the partner portal
- Contributing to identifying and resolving application malfunctions
- Developing and contributing to the definition of general specifications and support documentation
- Assisting in adapting and configuring application software packages
- Create/assemble modules (application objects and components)
- Assisting in the design and configure test cases for integration and unit tests, perform unit tests
- Participating in the monitoring performance against quality assurance plans, service level agreements and service continuity
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in a software engineering environment and suitable tertiary qualifications in IT or software engineering
- Programming experience, preferably in PowerShell, C#, .NET or ASP.net
- Experience in the administration of SharePoint including environments and farms
- The ability to support occasional rostered out of hours on call support
- Well-developed troubleshooting, critical thinking and problem solving skills
Whilst not essential, experience with SQL (Oracle PL/SQL or Microsoft T-SQL) is highly desirable as is experience with Oracle Application Express (APEX).
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Brenna Ryan, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.