WEB APPLICATION ADMINISTRATOR / SHAREPOINT DEVELOPER | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Aug-2019|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Web Application Administrator/ SharePoint Developer in our team in Pirie Street, Adelaide, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
To meet the needs of our growing business, we are looking for ICT graduates (or university students working towards this) who have a passion for software engineering and web applications to join the Web Systems team.
As part of the team, you will gain experience in supporting a range of web applications and using ITIL/Scrum processes. You will also have access to highly skilled SharePoint SME mentors to help grow your knowledge and skills.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will be responsible for:
- Administering a number of large SharePoint farms and environments including the use of PowerShell and ShareGate
- The migration of data to new SharePoint environments
- Assisting internal customers to leverage existing SharePoint features to better meet their needs
- Maintaining, optimising and supporting a range of custom and commercial Internet Information Services (IIS) web applications
- Assisting with stakeholder management, user support, analysis, development, testing and production delivery coordination
- Developing the definition of general specifications and support documentation
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A passion for software engineering and web applications with a degree in ICT, or be working towards this
- Experience with SharePoint, in particular, the administration of highly available farms and major migrations
- An understanding of the full software lifecycle
- Demonstrated application of service management processes such as ITIL, Agile or DevOps
- The ability to communicate effectively and provide excellent customer service
- The ability to support occasional 24/7 rostered out of hours on call support
- Well-developed troubleshooting, critical thinking and problem solving skills
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Brenna Ryan, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.