Expressions of Interest - Ship Readiness Team | WA-Henderson
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Work closely with the Navy supporting the ANZAC class fleet
- Enjoy a flexible and innovative company with a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
The Ship Readiness team will consist of various positions and be responsible for managing ANZAC Class Shipboard Safety, Damage Control and Emergency Response Infrastructure, as well as undertaking associated ship keeping and cleaning tasks.
Projected start date will be January 2020.
Other key responsibilities will see you:
- Manage the gangway including all emergency, system, safety and security requirements
- Manage notifications to external incident response including running fire line to incident
- Provide security personnel to manage access to compartments
- Provide fire safety equipment and sentry personnel for first response on the ship
- Manage the confined space entry procedure including calibrated equipment
- Manage and conduct lockout/tag out processes for electrical and mechanical isolations
- Manage, authorise and issue hot work, working at heights and confined space permits
- Provide resources for working at heights and confined space rescues as required
- Work as a member of an electrical shore supply team and conduct electrical work (where qualified)
- Undertake ship watch keeping and training to retain competency in ship watch activities
- Assist with setup and maintenance of damage control and emergency response infrastructure
- Identify and report on any issues and compartment handovers
As an ideal applicant, you'll have:
- A trade or engineering qualification in electrical or mechanical disciplines
- Previous experience working in a ship management or emergency response environment
- Knowledge of ANZAC class systems
- Construction industry blue/white card
- Advanced first aid certification
- Confined space accreditation
- Working at heights accreditation
- The ability to effectively communicate and build strong relationships with various stakeholders
Applications should be addressed to Sinead Booth – Talent Acquisition Specialist by close of business Tuesday 4th June 2019. Please apply online and ensure you attach a current resume and cover letter to your application.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.