Senior Project Accountant | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- A leadership role that will contribute towards successful project deliverables
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and motivating work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Project Accountant in our team in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
About the Opportunity
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking a Senior Project Accountant to join our team. You will have the opportunity to be part of delivering the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade, a sovereign Australian capability, and work within a dynamic environment.
You will lead the financial function within the project to ensure integrity and transparency of financial data, to facilitate planning and decision-making for the project, with an emphasis on ensuring necessary financial controls and procedures are in place.
You will make valuable contribution to initiatives at a project level and at a corporate level.
Managing multiple stakeholders across the project delivery teams and the finance function will be important along with collaborating in preparing forecasts, budgets and five year strategic integrated business plans which will be a satisfying aspect of the role.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in finance
- Previous experience in a large project environment
- Significant experience in contract accounting, preparing and reviewing monthly contract status reviews, project profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flows
- The ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside immediate team, to implement business requirements
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under his/her own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards and Australian International Framework of Reporting Standards (AIFRS)
- Experience in Oracle ERP or other tools
A bachelor degree in accounting or finance and CA or CPA qualifications is essential in the role.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilize “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, hotmail or similar accounts.