Project Planner | SA-Flinders Street
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Jul-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- A role focused on creating and maintaining project goals and objectives
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Project Planner in our team in Adelaide CBD, SA.
About the Opportunity
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking a seasoned Project Planner to join our team, located at Adelaide CBD.
As the Project Planner, you will be responsible for coordinating the proper use of the company Earned Value Management (EVM) System so that the project management team can adequately monitor and report on project cost and schedule progress.
You will maintain the goodwill of the customer and company management, by ensuring that our established EVM processes are carried out to report and manage the project with timely, accurate EVM data.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Assist the Project Manager and team to establish and manage the initial project cost & schedule baseline
- Establish and maintain Contract Work Breakdown Structure, CWBS Dictionary & CWBS Index
- Establish and maintain Master Project Schedule and Cost Account detailed schedules
- Establish and maintain Work Package level budgets & EV techniques
- Integrate the overall project schedule
- Establish the Project Authorisation and other project budget documentation
- Use cost & schedule tools incl. Open Plan, Microsoft Project and Cobra
- Enter all baseline data using Open Plan, Microsoft Project and Cobra
- Assist CAM's use Open Plan and Microsoft Project if they are scheduling themselves
- Provide project reporting and analysis data to the project team on a monthly basis
- Coordinate the month-end EVM process of Cost Account status reporting, accruals, schedule status and forecasting, estimate to complete data input, provision of progress and variance analysis reports
- Provides customer required and management level EVM data & associated schedule reports
- Coordinate data input into the Contract Review Pack (CRP)
- Provide assistance to the CAM's in performance management, in particular for data analysis, variance analysis reporting and forecasting
- Assist the Project Manager & PM team (CAM's) to establish the initial project cost & schedule baseline
- Provide schedule & performance measurement data analysis as required
- Perform minor finance and contract related functions under direct guidance of the Project Manager or functional staff
- Manage the administration of invoicing, foreign exchange, economic price variation (escalation), Australian Industry Involvement reporting & bank guarantees
- Manage contract change proposal documentation, contract amendments, deliverables/receipts,
- Perform related functions such as configuration control
- Contribute to the management and continual improvement of the company EVMS
- Assists the Project Management Function with gaining and maintaining any Cost Schedule Control Systems Criteria (CSCSC) validation or project Cost Schedule Status Reporting (CSSR) accreditations
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of applicable tools, procedures and codes through previous project experience
- Demonstrated performance and progression as a CSA Trainee or general administration experience
- Strong stakeholder management skills coupled with the ability to communicate and articulate information with senior stakeholders in a clear and effective manner
- The ability to self-motivate, drive and develop processes
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- The ability to work closely with projects and function and present at meetings
- In-depth knowledge of CSA principles and tools
- Working knowledge of quantifiable analysis of risk and uncertainty
Tertiary qualifications in engineering, commercial or project management is essential in the role.
As a defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 security clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilize “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, hotmail or similar accounts.