MAINTENANCE FACILITY TEAM LEAD | NSW-Mulwala - NRAF
|Category:||Facilities Management & Security|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-May-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Maintenance Facility leadership opportunity on a meaningful project of national and global significance
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
- Located in the New South Wales and Victorian border community of Yarrawonga and Mulwala
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Maintenance Facility Team Lead in our team in Mulwala, New South Wales.
About the Opportunity
The Maintenance Facility Team Lead will effectively manage the Nulka Round Assembly Facility (NRAF) with regards to safety, quality and meeting forecast schedules, ensuring the Nulka rounds are delivered on time and in compliance with contract requirements.
This is a key role within our Weapons Systems team, will report to the Nulka Maintenance Manager and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Be responsible for the Nulka Round Assembly Facility (NRAF) and regulatory requirements for safety and licencing
- Hold the delegation of Technical Authority for Explosives Ordnance Mulwala
- Ensure compliance with the Defence industry security requirements
- Review security standing orders and site risk assessments
- Ensure compliance with the Defence Security Principles framework
- Carry out performance monitoring, development, and provide guidance to NRAF staff
- Liaise with stakeholders on the repair of building and fittings
- Liaise with stakeholders on site changes, outages, emergencies and training at NRAF
- Schedule a range of tasks for the NRAF
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- The eligibility to obtain a security licence to handle explosives and be a current holder of a Drivers licence
- Demonstrated team leadership experience and strong interpersonal skills
- A technical aptitude and the ability to use hand tools
- Strong problem solving skills and strong communication skills – written and verbal
Whilst not essential, security or facilities experience will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
A White Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) is required for this role and applicants must meet ASIC eligibility requirements in order to obtain and maintain this clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.