Technical Desktop Support Officer | ACT-Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your technical support experience and have a positive impact working on a leading defence projects
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Technical Desktop Support Officer in our team in Canberra, ACT.
About the opportunity
You will be responsible for providing technical support for the customer's extensive computing fleet including: infrastructure, mobile fleet, personal device assets and video conferencing technologies.
Based in our Canberra office, you will work as part of a vibrant team, with the opportunity to utilise your technical support experience whilst continuing to grow and develop professionally.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Contribute to timely responses and recommendations on support requests and continuous improvement strategies to customer problems and queries to deliver a high level of customer service and reduce lifecycle processes
- Troubleshoot and provide information to enable resolution on support requests and promptly allocate unresolved calls as appropriate
- Receive and handle requests for support, following agreed procedures and within Service Level Agreement (SLA) guidelines
- Install and configure desktop hardware, software & peripherals device in a network environment, assisting in packaging of applications using prescribed framework
- Manage customer expectations for the resolution of outstanding incident and service requests, advising customers in a timely manner of system downtime or interruptions
- Create and maintain process instructions and relevant documentation
- Work with the Asset Management team to ensure all IT assets are properly tracked
- Complete System Administration and Classified duties as required
- Alert the customer or business to potential, or known problems that affect the quality of services provided
As the ideal applicant, you'll have:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with customers, suppliers and team members
- The ability to present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of IT hardware, software and telecommunications
- A good understanding of commonly used business applications and engineering software tools preferable
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot computer systems, hardware, and software in an IT environment
- An organised and motivated approach to work with the ability to manage own workload through using a helpdesk system to manage and record results
Whist not essential, a diploma in IT and a Microsoft Certification will be an advantage.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 security clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.