Junior CAD Operator | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Draftsperson & Designer|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Start your drafting career with a trusted defence partner on an iconic engineering program
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Computer Aided Design (CAD) Operator on one of our flagship programs; the Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN), based at Edinburgh Parks.
About the Opportunity
As a CAD Operator you will:
- Provide professional design and detailed drafting services that are accurate, safe, on time and on budget.
- Provide electronics and mechanical drafting services and technical support for the development or modification of designs for systems or materials
- Actively identify and meet internal and external customer needs and expectations
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with appropriate engineering, drafting and quality management system standards
- Prepare and maintain accurate technical documents
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Knowledge and familiarity of design tools; Altium, SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements
- A can do attitude and are willing to learn
Whilst not essential, TAFE level qualifications in drafting will be viewed favourably.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.