Production Engineering Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-May-2019|
PRODUCTION ENGINEERING MANAGER
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your enterprising approach to drive best practice and quality output in a high-tech production engineering environment
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Production Engineering Manager in our Advanced Manufacturing team at Adelaide's key Defence precinct.
About the Opportunity
As a result of an internal movement, we seek a motivated individual to drive our production engineering activities with an aim to exceed the quality and yield expectations of our valued customer and drive continuous improvements. This role will be attractive to candidates who value contributing to high precision production engineering outputs and can cultivate the attributes of best practice into a production environment.
In this role you will:
- Provide leadership to a diverse team of engineers & technicians to achieve engineering outcomes with necessary engineering oversight and governance
- Lead teams across two states
- Provide guidance to product development teams on design for manufacture and assembly
- Manage product transition to production plans
- Manage the development, configuration and optimisation of production machining programs and production processes
- Lead electrical and mechanical Production Engineering teams through prototyping, pre-production and full rate manufacturing support phases
- Lead the maintenance team to ensure all plant and equipment in both the electrical and mechanical workshops is maintained in accordance with maintenance plans and schedules ensuring machine availability
- Serve as an engineering technical liaison between Engineering and Production
- Provide engineering technical and operational support that is accurate, timely, safe and on-budget to support project, task and bid activities
- Ensure any in-production modifications are captured in company change management systems
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering satisfying the requirements for membership of Engineers Australia.
- Certified Practicing Engineer (CPENG) or willing to work to obtain CPENG
- Demonstrated management experience within a medium-large sized diverse production environment
- Proven experience in driving outcomes, motivating staff and achieving excellence
- Strong stakeholder management, negotiation and influencing skills
- A pragmatic and enterprising attitude coupled with a mature approach to developing the skills of team members
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Derek Blaschek, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.