Electronics Assembler | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-May-2019|
- Permanent Position
- Join a dynamic team
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
We are excited to invite applications for an Electronics Assembler to join the team. The Electronics Assembler will be responsible for the build to print and repair of electronic assemblies and wiring looms including component loading, wiring, soldering, and inspection of completed assemblies in line with industry standards.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Perform Printed Circuit Board (PCB) level assembly, both through hole and surface mount
- Undertake looming and wiring to commercial or MIL standard connectors
- Undertake soldering and PCB repair to IPC and MIL standards
- Undertake mechanical and electrical build of electrical cabinets and racks
- Complete tasks to scheduled time frames
- Complete production records and reports
- Perform part prototype assembly in accordance with engineering directions
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A Certificate 2 in Electronics or equivalent industry experience
- A sound knowledge in PCB and wire/looms assemblies
- Experience in the use of specialised hand and power tools and basic test equipment
- An understanding of Electronic assembly drawings, wiring lists and associated product documents
- The ability to identify electrical components by name, colour code, appearance and able to determine polarity
- A strong attention to detail
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Shane Blogg, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.