Mechanical Engineer | VIC-Williamstown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your mechanical project engineering experience to support maritime defence projects
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Mechanical Project Engineer in our Maritime Sustainment team in Williamstown Vic.
About the opportunity
As Mechanical project engineer you will be responsible for working within a multi-disciplined team to develop and deliver engineering solutions for naval vessels, in accordance with the contractual and company requirements. This challenging and rewarding position will be based at our office in Williamstown, Victoria and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Develop and manage system requirements and design documents including system and subsystem specifications, product breakdown structure, component specifications and interface specifications.
- Source equipment and components from suppliers to meet customer needs.
- Undertake functional analysis and option studies to identify the optimum solution against a set of requirements.
- Design and document solutions for integrating equipment into existing naval vessels.
- Conduct mechanical engineering analysis such as FEA, CFD and heat load analysis as required.
- Develop verification and validation documentation including test plans procedures, reports and verification matrix.
- Provide regular updates on progress and any key challenges to the Engineering Cell Lead.
- Assist with ensuring engineering activities are delivered to an agreed budget and schedule.
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Extensive knowledge of Project Engineering and in depth experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment
- Tertiary degree level engineering qualification recognised by membership of The Institute of Engineers Australia
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence and develop effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- Engineering experience within the maritime industry will be highly regarded
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Chris Girling, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.