Category Specialist IT | SA-Flinders Street
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Jun-2019|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Category Specialist in our team in Commercial and Procurement team in Adelaide, SA.
About the Opportunity
Category Specialists are responsible for the establishment, placement and management of appropriate contracting arrangements with capable suppliers to deliver the cost, schedule, quality and safety requirements of the business, which, through relationship and performance management, maximises value and minimises risk. Reporting to the Category Manager, Information Management & Technology (IM&T), the Category Specialist – IM&T will provide expertise within the IM&T domain.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Develop, implement and grow strategies through knowledge of domestic and international supply markets, trends and spend analysis for the IM&T category
- Deliver on key performance areas including cost management, budgeting and financial predictability, cash performance, process improvements, innovation and value for money
- Manage the supplier evaluation process, conduct commercial negotiations and finalise supplier agreements
- Coordinate and lead business reviews, supplier performance and governance activities across the company
- Identify and manage category and supplier risks, including those of the suppliers' supply chains
- Work with preferred suppliers to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated procurement experience within an engineering or defence organisation
- Demonstrated experience in the development, negotiation and management of contracts
- An ability to build and manage relationships with suppliers and stakeholders
- A CIPS qualifications or a membership
Whilst not essential, a background in IT is preferred.
Applications should be addressed to: Brenna Ryan, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.