Senior Mechanical Engineer | VIC-Williamstown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Use your mechanical expertise to support maritime sustainment projects
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
About the opportunity
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our engineering team. This challenging and rewarding position will be based at our office in Williamstown, Victoria and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis. You will be part of an inclusive and friendly team along with a company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Provide leadership, specialist advice and guidance to the engineering team on the delivery of engineering tasks
- Design and develop mechanical systems using a systems engineering approach, this includes testing and integration, installing and managing the mechanical systems and equipment
- Review all documents and artefacts generated by the team and ensure they are completed and managed in accordance with appropriate standard procedures and work instructions
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- An ability to negotiate with and influence internal and/or external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable you to work effectively with others and to be able to influence across all levels of the business
- Experience in multi discipline engineering projects within a brownfield environment
- A tertiary degree level engineering qualification recognised by membership of Engineers Australia
- Demonstrated team leadership experience
- A high level of self-motivation, time management and organisational ability
Whilst not essential the following experience will be highly regarded:
- Mechanical engineering experience within the ship sustainment or defence industry
- Structural FEA (ANSYS) experience for minor works
- HVAC analysis
- Low/Medium pressure piping flow analysis
- 3D Modelling and Virtual/Augmented reality experience
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Chris Girling, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.