Security Administrator | WA-Henderson
|Category:||Facilities Management & Security|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your skills in providing security administration support to various functions
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Security Administrator in our team in Henderson, WA.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Security Lead, you will be responsible for providing Commercial and Defence Security advice, education and support to all Business Operations within BAE Systems Australia in accordance with Company Security policies, procedures and guidelines.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Assist with the implementation of security measures for the protection of Defence security classified information and sensitive commercial information under the control of BAE Systems Australia
- Coordinate and carrying out routine security tasks based on relevant policies, standards, procedures and best practices of the assigned work stream
- Provide efficient, effective and timely security service to our internal and external customers
- Ensure that appropriate employees and contractors are security cleared
- Oversee the identity badge system by ensuring all new employees, contractors and Defence Forces personnel are issued with a pass within the defined service level agreement
- Maintain records for the physical security of the site
- Respond to and maintaining records of security incidents, escalating where needed
- Provide support to ensure the company passes all security audits and maintains the high standard required by Defence Security & Vetting Service
- Carry out other duties as required
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior customer service skills
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment
- The ability to think logically and provide solutions to potential problems
- Experience in the use of all Microsoft Office and other security applications efficiently including Word, Excel, Access and Power Point (specialised training provided on access control and other security systems)
Whilst not essential, a Certificate in Security Officer training and experience in defence security processes, will be highly regarded.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Baseline defence security clearance and be cleared for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.