Security Officer | VIC-Richmond
|Category:||Facilities Management & Security|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||19-Jul-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilize your skills in providing commercial and defence security support to various functions
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Security Officer in our team in Richmond, VIC.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Security Lead, you will be responsible for providing Commercial and Defence Security advice and education to all Business Operations within a nominated area and advising other Security Officers (SO) and Assistant Security Officers (ASO) nationally, in accordance with Company Security policies, procedures and guidelines.
You will be responsible for ensuring the practical application of the Systems Security and Defence Security practices and processes.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Carry out security tasks and coordinate security services based on relevant policies, standards, procedures, legislation (Defence Industry Security Program – DISP) and best practices of the assigned work stream.
- Meet all BAE Systems Australia Compliance Matrix requirements for assigned work stream
- Be the first point of contact for security advice and incident response
- Maintain the National and Local Security Registers
- Develop and maintain Site Specific Standing Orders (SSSO)
- Maintain the Oracle security database, pass issuance and visitor management
- Conduct or facilitate security training , travel briefings and debriefings
- Conduct annual Protective Security Self Assessments (PSSA), and security inductions for new starters
- Debrief employees leaving the business
- Manage electronic access control systems and monitor and facilitate access to alarm systems
- Ensure responsible document management is upheld in regards to security and personal records
- Request Australian Government security clearances for staff and provide advice
- Process Overseas Visit Approvals (OVA's)
- Monitor the adequacy of the security measures within their business area
- Coordinate the readiness of their team's response to security incidents
- Conduct and review security assessments and define operational requirements
- Assure the integrity of employees working in the assigned business area
- Provide security advice and guidance to internal and external stakeholders and make recommendations to improve security solutions for the work stream
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in Defence security or security processes and procedures
- Security risk management and intelligence and counter intelligence
- Cyber and IT security and personal security
- Security of contracts, cryptographic management, incident management, asset protection and Security governance
- Good knowledge of security functions at local level
- Understanding of legislation and regulations related to the assigned work stream or region
- Good understanding of government and industry standards and Security best practice guidance
- Highest level of integrity and professional conduct
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to cope and manage conflicting demands and pressures
- Ability to think logically and provide solutions to potential problems
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office packages A certificate in Security Officer training or any related training certificate
Security qualifications and completion of the Defence Security Officer Course, COMSEC Custodian course, Defence Security Risk Management Course from a certified body are essential in the role.
A course in Introduction to the physical certification process, will be an advantage.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 defence security clearance and be cleared for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.