DRAFTING TEAM LEAD | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Draftsperson & Designer|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-May-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Opportunity to use your leadership skills and drafting expertise and make a meaningful contribution on significant Defence projects
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Drafting Team Lead in our team in Garden Island, Potts Point in New South Wales.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the National Drafting Manager, the Drafting Team Lead will perform an integral role and provide leadership to our maritime sustainment business. This challenging and rewarding position will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
As the Drafting Team Lead, you will:
- Drive the output of the Drafting team and manage team performance
- Interact with key stakeholders and lead the responses for support requests
- Manage the drafting team including training, development and performance management to ensure skills and actions of the team are in line with the drafting office requirements
- Provide input and lead the evaluation and quotation for incoming tasks/projects
- Manage tasks within the drafting office including the teams budget and schedule performance against agreed commitments and prepare status reports and estimated completion schedules
- Understand the requirements for each task/project and ensure inputs/outputs, risks and skills/expertise are defined
- Ensure output prepared by team meets agreed drafting quality requirements and customer requirements
- Assist in identifying, managing and escalating scope change within tasks and emergent risks/issues
- Actively challenge current work standards and assist in the development of process documents/plans and lead the implementation of improvements
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive drafting, technical and leadership experience
- Resiliency with the ability to motivate individuals and teams to shape and implement business requirements
- Strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Self-motivation and the drive to improve current process and solve problems
Whilst not essential, drafting experience within a maritime/naval sustainment environment will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.