Air Ground Air Transition Project Engineering Manager | NSW-North Ryde
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Jun-2019|
NORTH RYDE, SYDNEY
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The North Ryde Engineering Manager and Air Ground Air Transition Project Engineering Manager roles are responsible for technical leadership and execution of North Ryde Projects and ensuring that engineering outputs are developed in accordance with the approved company processes and meet the agreed operational needs of the customer.
- Lead the engineering team in the realisation of the engineering solution while optimising cost and schedule
- Ensure bids and projects have appropriate engineering resources in a timely manner to allow them to deliver their business objectives
- Develop robust work breakdown structures and ensure estimates are rigorously developed and reviewed
- Develop and execute plans to ensure the business develops the capability and capacity it needs to deliver the longer term business strategy
- Maintain an assessment of the business's current engineering capability and capacity
- Ensure adherence to engineering cost and schedule commitments
- Act as a point of contact with customers to understand the customer requirements and develop and maintain the contract technical solution accordingly, addressing any disparity with the Project Manager
- Coaching engineering staff to share lessons and implement best practice in requirements management, design management and control, configuration management, and Test and Integration
- Significant experience within a similar role in an engineering discipline, preferably in a defence project acquisition environment
- Tertiary qualifications and experience satisfying the requirements for membership of Engineers, Australia
- Exceptional leadership skills to provide leadership to a team and to mid to large scale projects
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and work in a cross functional team while ensuring that specific responsibilities are achieved
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable you to work effectively with others and to be able to influence across all levels of the business
- An ability to negotiate with and influence internal and/or external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whist maintaining key relationships
- An ability to lead ongoing change in our engineering capability to meet the continuously changing needs of our business
- Must be eligible to obtain a Defence security clearance and to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
Please apply to Kusha Sharma, Talent Acquisition Specialist by close of business on Tuesday 14 May 2019 on line at https://careersinternal.au.baesystems.com. Your application should include a resume and whilst not essential, a cover letter is preferred. Please do also advise your line manager of your intent to apply. Please note that business impact will need to be considered and negotiated transition plans will be required for internal appointments.
BAE Systems employees are also encouraged to refer others for this vacancy - refer to the Employee Referral Scheme (HR.11.PR) for further information, instructions and eligibility. Whilst referrals are encouraged for this vacancy, suitable internal applicants will always be given first preference and consideration.