Systems Engineer- Radar/RF Specialist | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Nov-2019|
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
About the opportunity
We are looking for a Radio Frequency Engineer/RADAR Expert to become our Performance Analysis and Budgeting Lead. You will be responsible for the conduct of performance analysis and the development of performance budgets and associated performance requirements across the hierarchy of Mission System specifications for JORN Phase 6 Contract (Acquisition).
- The Performance Analysis and Budgeting Lead shall develop and maintain the program plan for performance analysis and budgeting, including the development of the requisite performance requirements to reflect the proposed performance budgeting regime. The program for performance analysis and budgeting must include the performance analysis and budgeting process definition (that may be captured in the Systems Engineering Plan or a subordinate plan), and a resourced schedule for the execution of the performance analysis and budgeting program.
- The Performance Analysis and Budgeting Lead shall obtain approval for the program plan for performance analysis and budgeting from the Systems IPT PEM, the Surveillance IPT PEM, and the OPC IPT PEM.
- The Performance Analysis and Budgeting Lead is responsible for leading the team of assigned engineering resources to achieve the effective execution of the program plan for performance analysis and budgeting, including assignment of tasks, identification of issues and coordination of engagement with relevant SMEs and engineering leads to achieve resolution of issues.
- The Performance Analysis and Budgeting Lead is responsible for leading all technical conversations and workshops with Commonwealth stakeholders with respect to the performance analysis and budgets and associated technical requirements, and reporting the technical status of performance budgeting activities.
- The Performance Analysis and Budgeting Lead shall ensure Technical Authority review and approval of the performance analysis and budgeting outputs, including the performance requirements, prior to providing the performance requirements to the applicable systems engineering teams for incorporation into relevant Mission Systems specifications.
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Significant experience within a similar role i.e Senior Systems Engineering role- with a strong bent toward RF engineering (RF planning, capacity and coverage budgeting from finite signal range to optimise frequency)
- Tertiary qualifications and experience satisfying the requirements for membership of Engineers, Australia
- RF engineering design experience
- RF performance modelling experience
- Some engineering team leadership experience (3 or more technical staff)
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Greig Russell, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.