Expressions of Interest: TECHNICAL OFFICERS | NSW-Nowra Facility
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-May-2019|
- Apply your talent were it counts
- Expressions of interest for upcoming opportunities, located in Nowra, NSW
- Perform interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Over the coming months we are preparing for opportunities for experienced Technical Officers to support the 44 Wing Air Traffic Operations, based in Nowra, NSW. To ensure this project is supported and delivered by the very best talent, we invite you to express your interest to join BAE Systems Australia.
About the Opportunity
As a Technical Officer, you will work as a member of the Operational Maintenance Team, principally conducting preventative and corrective maintenance on Defence Surveillance and Control Equipment (S&CE) in support of 44 Wing Air Traffic Operations. In more specific terms, you will:
- Perform within an eTAMM (electronic Technical Airworthiness Maintenance Manual), and DASR (Defence Aviation Safety Regulations) ANSP (Air Navigation Service Provider) maintenance environment, as required.
- Perform and certify maintenance at a trade supervisor level
- Conduct Operational Maintenance including Preventative and Corrective Maintenance on Surveillance and Control Equipment (S&CE)
- Effectively use the maintenance management tool for the recording of all maintenance actions on applicable Surveillance and Control Equipment
- Utilise electronic/electrical equipment test tools effectively to undertake testing and fault finding Surveillance and Control Equipment
- Review and maintain all relevant Authorised Maintenance Documentation (AMD) as required
- Comply with relevant reporting requirements in both Defence and BAE Systems environments
- Be available to perform shift work to support Air traffic operations
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll:
- Be a qualified Electronics Technician
- Have demonstrated experience in the maintenance of Radio Frequency (RF) and/or digital control systems equipment
- Have a certificate III (or higher) in Electronics or equivalent experience in an electronic systems related field
- Well - developed communication skills
- An ability to work independently and also within a team and collaborative work environment
- Have an ability to liaise effectively with the customer, management, engineers and technical personnel
Whilst not essential, MILIS Warehousing experience and a restricted electrical licence is highly desirable
To be eligible, you will be required to obtain an Australian Defence security clearance, therefore applicants need to be current Australian Citizens.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for any roles.
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and a copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. Cover letters are welcome and ideally will outline your experience in maintaining the below equipment:
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.