Senior Technical Services Officer | NSW-Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your superior IT and customer service skills to provide technical support
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Senior Technical Services Officer to join our team, in Williamtown (Newcastle), New South Wales.
An attractive remuneration package is available, including ongoing mentoring programs and training plans to support your professional development and career progression. You will enjoy a flexible work-life balance whilst developing your career in a global company, with great opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Reporting to the Technical Services Lead, as the Senior Technical Services Officer, you will provide on-site and remote technical support to customers, on the Information Management and Technology (IM&T) corporate environment, across Australia.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide technical support for the customer's Information Technology fleet: including but not limited to; network infrastructure HW, desktops/laptops, mobile fleet, VOIP telephony and video conferencing
- Educate Technical Support Officers in troubleshooting techniques, service culture and procedures
- Act as delegate to the Lead, providing day to day supervision as well as being an SME/escalation point to the team
- Act as the liaison point to other teams within IM&T
- Act as a liaison point between IM&T and the business where required
- Assist with coaching and mentoring of new staff into the team
- Implement and drive process improvement
- Receive and handle requests for support, following agreed procedures and within Service Level Agreement (SLA) guidelines
- Troubleshoot and provide information to enable resolution on support requests and promptly allocate unresolved calls as appropriate
- Effectively handle incident reports, prioritising where necessary
- Deliver communications relating to service delivery issues to the business/customer
- Installation and configuration of desktop hardware, software and peripheral devices in a network environment
- Create and maintain support documentation
- Provide Support to allocated IM & T or Business projects
- Contribute to support requests and continuous improvement strategies to customer problems and queries, to deliver a high level of customer service and reduce lifecycle processes
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- An IT Certificate IV or Diploma preferred, and ITIL qualifications will be an advantage
- Demonstrated relevant experience in an IT environment, with experience in supporting the latest Microsoft operating systems and applications in a network environment; supporting mobile and video conferencing technologies; installation, configuration and documentation of computer systems hardware/software in a network environment
- Confident oral and written communication skills, with an ability to build effective relationships with business representatives, customers and suppliers
- An ability to demonstrate a high level of interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively, in a team environment
- An ability to demonstrate systems analysis skills, critical thinking, and problem solving
- A willingness and capacity to expand knowledge in IT solutions
- A results orientation, focusing on the key objectives and striving for effective outcomes
- An organised and motivated approach to work, with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.