Technical Services Manager | OS-Al Yamamah Riyadh Base
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-May-2019|
The Technical Services Manager is a Contractor Manpower Substitution (CMS) role that is responsible for delivering a broad range activities in direct support of the RSAF fleet of 72 Typhoon aircraft including Continuing Airworthiness Management, Safety Management, Quality, Operations, Fleet Management, Aircraft Records, In-Service Data Analysis and Management, Technical Instructions, Technical Publications, Aircraft Data Integrity Management, Aircraft and Asset Configuration Management, Mission Planning System support, Aircraft Data Quality and Software Management and In-Service Management of Industry support to the operation.
The Job Holder reports to the RSAF Typhoon Support Centre Commander for day to day duties but operates under a Letter of Delegation from the Typhoon Weapon System Support Manager (TyWSSM) who holds platform responsibility within the RSAF Directorate of Aircraft Maintenance.
The Job Holder is required to integrate the directions of HQ RSAF into the Typhoon stakeholder community at all levels to help ensure that the RSAF Typhoon Fleet remains capable, available, safe and supported.
In addition to these primary responsibilities, the Job Holder is required to act as an advisor to the TSC Commander on all matters relating to the Continuing Airworthiness of the Fleet. He will mentor junior officers in such matters and will assist in the development of Saudi Nationals, RSAF and civilian, in support of the objectives of the RSAF and the Kingdom's 2030 vision.
Within the BAE Systems Saudi Arabia structure, the Technical Services Manager reports directly to the Director Salam Operations. In this role, he has Line Management responsibility for all Salam CMS employees on King Fahad Air Base (KFdAB).
As the Technical Services Manager their skills and qualifications will ideally include.
- Educated to MSC/Degree level in an Aeronautical Engineering discipline.
- Experience of the military command structure both operational and functional
- A thorough knowledge of the Operation, Maintenance and Support of modern combat aircraft systems with their relevant maintenance management and aircraft record systems.
- Considerable and broad experience of military aircraft design, continuing airworthiness, support, and maintenance (preferably Typhoon)
- Acted in an Engineering/Support Authority role with Delegated Authority for the delivery of aircraft and service safety and for continuing airworthiness.
- Experience of operating within a formal governance role within a military or civilian continuing airworthiness environment (preferably EASA based)
- Considerable experience of managing and integrating complex plans to time and quality
- Knowledge and understanding of the RSAF Regulatory Framework for Logistics or similar governance framework
- Knowledge and detailed understanding of BAE Systems Operational Framework or similar governance system
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage a dynamic and diverse support team.
- Experience of mentoring less experienced people to achieve the required results
- An understanding and experience of operating across the entire CADMID cycle.
Experience of working with overseas customers in an operational and/or governance role would be advantageous.
- The Candidate must be capable of holding a Letter of Delegation for Safety and Continuing Airworthiness from the Typhoon Weapon System Support Manager. As such, it is likely that they will have held similar positions in their earlier career. In such a way they will considered to be suitably qualified and experienced to hold the role.
- Ideally from within BAE Systems or currently serving within the RAF to ensure familiarity with Typhoon Fleet requirements and maintenance management systems at a senior management level.
- Candidates from a non-Typhoon continuing airworthiness and support background with other, relevant, experience gained with another air operation will be considered where-by additional training can be provided.
- The Candidate will have experience of working in an availability contracting environment
- The Candidate will have experience in working in a spiral development programme
- The Candidate will, ideally, have experience of working in a multi-national collaborative development and support environment