Commercial Officer | SA-Flinders Street
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent in helping shape the success of the Hunter Class Frigate program
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
- Work in the Adelaide CBD
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Commercial Officer in our Commercial Management team in the Adelaide CBD initially, then moving to the Osborne Shipyard.
About the Opportunity
The Hunter Class Frigate Program (HCFP) is within the mobilisation phase and this is one of it's many newly created roles that will be instrumental in shaping the program's path to success. You will work with the Senior Commercial members of the team to administer the contract to ensure we meet our agreed obligations.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide advice and assistance to project managers/ key stakeholders on all commercial matters
- Undertake the administration of ASC Shipbuilding contracts in accordance with company procedures, including support on contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues
- Identify the need for professional input, including on legal, financial and insurance matters, and work with commercial management and company specialists to manage the provision of appropriate advice
- Prepare and maintain contract documentation, records and internal reports
- Review customer communications and preparation of correspondence
- Prepare contract amendments and change proposals
- Coordinate management review and approval of change proposals
- Review confidentiality and other agreements as required
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A Bachelor's degree in business, law, commerce or similar, however previous commercial experience in the absence of a tertiary qualification may still be considered
- Experience performing a commercial role within a similar industry
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with various stakeholders in a technical environment
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, to be able to build and maintain relationships and negotiate effectively
Whilst not essential, commercial administration experience in Defence will be highly regarded.
Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate defence clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Julie Lane – Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.