JORN Phase 6 Solution Architect | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Feb-2020|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Be at the forefront of leading architectural direction of this strategic program
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Solution Architect in our Jindalee Operational Radar Network team in Edinburgh Parks (Adelaide) or Williamstown (Melbourne).
About the project
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of Australian defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security.
Joining to build this complex state-of-the-art Australian capability will provide you with an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
About the Opportunity
In this key role, you will lead the design and development of technical specifications, architectures and designs for the system to ensure they meet the technical and support requirements of the acquisition project. This role will provide you with the ability to have a direct influence on the technical outcome for this strategic program.
With long-term future vision in mind, you will play an important role in establishing future capability for upgrade and development activities for JORN. Your engagement with a broad range of business stakeholders will enable you to make impact, lead technical direction to this high-visible strategic program.
The career path for you will be strong. You will have opportunities to transfer and broadly inject your capability into other domains/projects within BAE Systems in the future!
In more specific terms, you will:
- Lead the convergence of the acquisition system development with the upgrade of the existing sustainment system such that they can be integrated to deliver the updated overall capability without adversely affecting availability and supportability
- Inform technical performance and technical risk-management processes by providing and collating expert advice that informs design reviews and technical program planning
- Identify customer and end-user stakeholders and liaise with them to determine their needs, motivations and objectives for the system, and reflect this information in the technical solution
- Work across acquisition and sustainment contracts to create a shared vision and direct the project solution and architecture
- Lead analysis of the customers' requirements in order to ensure the solution meets the function and performance requirements, works within existing design constraints, and will be acceptable as being fit for purpose against the operational needs
- Take responsibility and accountability for agreeing the elements of the functional and allocated baselines with the customer, for critical integrated system and total system performance and availability decisions
- Manage and direct subject matter experts in order to better inform the architecture decisions critical to delivering the overall integrated operational capability
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive Engineering experience with demonstrable experience in Systems Architecture
- Strong working knowledge of contemporary architectural Framework
- Bachelors in Engineering or equivalent technology degree
- Charted Professional Engineer (CP Eng) accreditation through the Institute of Engineers Australia is desirable
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kusha Sharma, Talent Acquisition Specialist-Engineering and made online here. Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.