1st Class Machinist | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Jun-2019|
- Afternoon shift
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
We are excited to invite applications for an experienced 1st Class Machinist to join the afternoon shift team. As the 1st Class Machinist, you will be responsible for all computer numerical control (CNC) machining tasks associated with defence requirements.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Undertake CNC component machining on a range of defence projects to meet scheduled requirements
- Ensure that all appropriate documentation for engineering systems and defect reporting are incorporated for traceability
- Liaise with BAE Systems' Quality staff to ensure compliance with project quality requirements
- Comply with BAE Systems Safety, Health and Environment procedures with the requirements of the BAE Systems' Quality systems as they relate to respective areas of activity
- Alert the organisation to potential or known problems that affect the quality of BAE Systems' products and services
- Provide input and offering recommendations for the improvement of company processes and procedures
- Validate parts as they are manufactured
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A Fitter Machinist trade certificate
- CNC machining and programming experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance of “Baseline” and be cleared for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- A strong team focus and a can do attitude
- The ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- The availability to work from 3.00pm until 11.45pm
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Shane Blogg, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.