Senior Systems Engineering Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Jul-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Be at the forefront of delivering the engineering outputs across systems Integrated Product team
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the project
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of Australian defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security.
Joining to build this complex state-of-the-art Australian capability will provide you with an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
About the Opportunity
This is a newly created strategic technical role, supporting JORN program, is based at Edinburgh Parks, Adelaide.
As a Systems Integrated Product Team (IPT) Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for delivering the engineering outputs including all systems engineering, specialty engineering, systems integration, verification and validation outputs.
You will ensure conformance to the JORN Phase 6 Engineering Management System by all engineering activities performed within the Systems Integrated Product Team.
Your engagement with a broad range of business stakeholders will enable you to make impact, provide technical direction to this high-visible strategic program.
The career path for you will be strong. You will have opportunities to transfer your skills and experience from ISR (Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance) domain, broadly injecting capability into other domains/projects within BAE Systems in the future!
In more specific terms you will:
- Lead the development and maintenance of the engineering work plans
- Provide technical leadership to the development of all contract engineering
- Support the establishment of Performance Metrics to support accurate status reporting
- Oversee Mission System Design Control activities
- Coordinate and co-chair diverse Working Groups
- Provide overarching management of technical risks
- Support weekly and monthly reporting tasks, including development of internal contract review packs
- Identify short term and long term development needs for all engineers working within the Systems Integrated Product Team ensuring establishment of appropriate development plans
- Lead Systems engineering participation in JORN Phase 6 Life Cycle Management Design Reviews
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Extensive Engineering experience with demonstrable leadership experience preferably in a major defence program
- Bachelors in Engineering or equivalent technology degree satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Charted Professional Engineer (CP Eng) accreditation through the Institute of Engineers Australia is desirable
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain NV1 clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Kusha Sharma, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.