ALGORITHM/CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER - MULTIPLE POSITIONS | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Sep-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Interesting work, on-going career development, onsite parking and close to public transport
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as permanent and full time Algorithm/Control Systems Engineers in our team in Richmond, Victoria. Part-time applicants will also be considered.
About the Opportunity
The Weapons Systems and Future Technologies Group areas are a hub of innovation and exciting projects – the projects we are working on are truly interesting and unique. As an Algorithm/Control Systems Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on leading edge control systems – from guided weapons to autonomous vehicles. You will be part of a vibrant team, with the opportunity to utilise your algorithm and engineering skills and be exposed to career expanding opportunities.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Design, model and verify algorithms to control complex systems
- Undertake the analysis of simulations and models to define and characterise the platform being controlled and its components
- Perform system engineering activities including requirements management, candidate solution development, system design, system analysis, integration, system tests, acceptance tests and certification
- Undertake the verification and the validation of the models
- Develop and execute system and component tests to ensure that the implemented designs conform to their specifications
- Support field test activities for the systems
- Maintain the designs and documentations in accordance with configuration management, change management and traceability processes
- Independently review peers' work, identify technical risks and unknowns and support planning activities
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- An engineering degree qualification and experience in vehicle (air, ground or other) dynamics
- Experience in the development and verification of navigation and/or guidance and control systems
- An understanding of modern control system methodologies and the engineering development life cycle
- Experience developing systems using technologies, processes such as mathematical modelling of physical systems/algorithm designs, modelling languages such as Simulink or MATLAB and a basic understanding of software development languages
- The ability to think creatively, challenge current processes and drive successful outcomes
Whilst not essential, engineering experience within a Defence or Aerospace environment will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.