Quality Engineer | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Use your Quality Engineering expertise to support maritime defence projects
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
About the opportunity
An opportunity has arisen for a Quality Engineer to join our engineering team. This challenging and rewarding position will be based at our office in Garden Island, New South Wales and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis. You will be part of an inclusive and friendly multi discipline team along with a company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Support and assist in Quality Planning activities in the business area, including associated assurance activities such as Quality WALKS, etc.
- Support understanding and awareness of quality policies, processes and frameworks across the business area, including creation of appropriate communications, training and support information
- Perform Test Witnessing activities and Configuration Audit activities on software, hardware and mission system Engineering Changes and upgrades. (Occasional out of hours work and some travel required)
- Undertake review of Project, Supplier and Subcontractor Inspection and Test Plans for compliance to BAE Systems requirements and Customer, regulatory and statutory requirements
- Perform inspection and test activities in accordance with authorised Inspection and Test Plans
- Conduct root cause analysis and agreement of corrective and preventive actions / improvements with suppliers.
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Prior Quality Engineer experience with experience in a variety of software and hardware testing techniques
- Experience in software verification and test witnessing software upgrades
- Experience of compliance auditing and verification
- Must be eligible to obtain a Defence security clearance and to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
Although not essential Defence Seaworthiness Regulations will be highly regarded
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Chris Girling, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.