Acoustic Signatures Engineer | VIC-Williamstown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Nov-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Newly created role, Adelaide or Williamstown, Victoria based
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Acoustics Signature Engineer in our ASC Shipbuilding team in WILLIAMSTOWN, VICTORIA or ADELAIDE, CBD.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Engineering Manager – Product Safety, you will be responsible for undertaking acoustic signature modelling and analysis and providing advice and guidance to the Platform Designers to ensure that the acoustic signature targets are met.
Additional duties include:
- Working with the Engineering Manager-Signatures to deliver the Signatures modelling & analysis activities
- Responsible for delivering the modelling, validation and verification Scope of Work and schedule for Underwater Radiated noise (URN) & Above water radiated noise (ABN)
- Specifying the Signatures Analysis and Measurement capability requirements for the Engineering Function to deliver in support of the Hunter Class Frigate project
- Maintaining Signatures predictions in line with the Hunter Class design requirements; assisting with the mitigation of non-compliances and risks; working across project disciplines to achieve resolution
- Supporting the system design development by the Stage 1 and Stage 2 teams, ensuring compliance with Signature requirements and design rules
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
- Technical knowledge of Acoustic Signature modelling including URN and ABN generation mechanisms and noise-reduction techniques
- Technical knowledge of modelling techniques signatures
- Experience of engineering design processes
- Technical knowledge of platform design and integration, with particular reference to signature reduction and control techniques
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.