Technical Change & Governance Lead | SA-Osborne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Jul-2019|
- Drive continuous improvement across ITIL processes on the Hunter Class Frigate Program
- Newly created role requires strong stakeholder management capabilities
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Technical Change and Governance Lead in our team in Osborne, SA.
About the Opportunity
In this role, you will be an integral member of a technical team who report to the Manager, Infrastructure & Service Delivery. You will develop, implement and operate a Technical Change and ICT Governance frameworks with a focus on security, system performance and availability applied to IM&T Systems on the Hunter Class Frigate Programme.
IM&T and the wider HCFP team operate as ‘One Team' across multiple time zones. Due to this it will be expected that team members will adopt a ‘Smart Working' approach, being flexible with their start and finish times to maintain a work life balance. Early evening meetings (AU) will be required at a low frequency.
Specifically, you will:
- Consult with stakeholders across the business to develop, implement and operate Technical Change and ICT Governance frameworks with a focus on security, system performance and availability.
- Actively support colleagues to ensure the developed frameworks are documented, socialised, well understood and considered part of day-to-day operational activities.
- Chair the internal Change Advisory Board and Service Performance Reviews, acting as a quality gate ensuring relevant processes are followed in accordance with the relevant frameworks.
- Undertake auditing, measurement, qualitative assessments, reporting on performance and continuous improvement of the frameworks.
- Assist with general day-to-day operational tasks as required for the Manager – Infrastructure & Service Delivery.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Current relevant experience is required with strong knowledge of managing Technical Change and ICT Governance frameworks with ITIL in mind.
- Knowledge of and the ability to construct consolidated reports.
- Well-developed leadership skills with a passion for developing others.
- An ability to impact and influence stakeholders from all areas of the business.
- A high level technical background of ICT infrastructure and applications would be advantageous.
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain.
A Defence security clearance (or eligibility to obtain) is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Michelle Dawson, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.