Senior Electrical Engineer | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Jun-2019|
- Do you like new technology and innovation?
- Is flexibility important to your lifestyle?
- Does supporting and developing people in their careers interest you?
- Do you want to take your coffee breaks by the best view of Sydney Harbour?
We have an exciting opportunity for you as a Senior Electrical Engineer.
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
Life at BAE Systems
Become the latest member of our diverse and inclusive family. Here at BAE Systems you will thrive in our positive culture that you can call home. Your voice and talents will be valued in our “everyone culture” that supports and brings out the best in you. You will enjoy a sense of belonging, in a family friendly and flexible place to work. This role could be your next step into developing your leadership talents. Our leadership team are all trained in diversity and inclusion, offering an open door and open mind policy, so that it's our way of life at BAE Systems. Above all, we are safety focused in everything we do, ensuring everyone goes home safe – so come join our family.
Your next Adventure
Join others like you, who simply love new technology. We believe in giving our people inspired work now and into the future. An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Electrical Engineer to provide leadership within our Maritime Sustainment business. It's a permanent and full time position reporting into the Engineering Team Lead located in Garden Island, Potts Point, New South Wales.
What you will do
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to the engineering team on the delivery of engineering tasks
- Coach and mentor members of the engineering team
- Design and develop electrical systems from requirements development through to testing and integration following the systems engineering lifecycle
- Conduct product risk and safety assessments
- Review documents and artefacts generated by the team and ensure they are completed in accordance with appropriate standards and procedures
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will:
- Have comprehensive electrical engineering experience working within an engineering design office environment
- Have a relevant tertiary degree level engineering qualification which is recognised by The Institute of Engineers Australia
- Be a caring and passionate professional
- Collaborate well in a team environment
- Be sensitive to customer needs and can develop and maintain customer relationships
Nice to have, but don't let it stop you:
- Experience in power generation/distribution, control and monitoring systems or ship systems
- Defence Industry experience
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.