Risk & Opportunity Lead | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Jul-2019|
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. This 100 percent Australian solution is strategically important to Australia's security, BAE Systems has been entrusted to execute the midlife upgrade of this capability. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in a prominent defence environment.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Risk and Opportunity Lead in our JORN Phase 6 team in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
About the Opportunity
As the Risk and Opportunity Lead for JORN Phase 6, you will be responsible for establishing the appropriate risk and opportunity management processes for the project.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Lead the development and deployment of effective risk and opportunity processes that support the JORN Phase 6 project and wider business
- Lead the monitoring and auditing of project risk and opportunity across the project
- Be responsible for the provision of training and skill improvement for risk identification, active management and mitigation
- Facilitate risk and opportunity workshops to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with the implementation of risk and opportunity activities
- Provide advice and training on risk and opportunity including quantitative analysis tools (Monte Carlo)
- Improve risk and opportunity management for the project through proactive risk and opportunity intervention
- Provide assistance to the Project Management function in conducting independent analysis of project risk and opportunity models
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in project management, preferably within the defence industry
- Demonstrated experience working with quantitative risk management tools
- An ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Brenna Ryan, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.