Technical Governance Lead | SA-Flinders Street
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Nov-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Exciting newly created position
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Technical Governance Lead in our ASC Shipbuilding team based in ADELAIDE, CBD.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Senior Design Authority, you will be responsible for leading and co-ordinating the Hunter Class Maturity Metric Management activities, support and guide the T26 Combat Systems engineering community in their adoption and use of Maturity Metrics.
Additional duties include:
- Maintain the Combat Systems Document deliverables Register
- Provide performance measures on data and document maturity that inform decision making by highlighting variance against Target
- Provide ad-hoc reports providing engineering data in support of investigations, status checks or focused management of risk areas
- Work with the team to establish a requirement for metric reports that satisfies their needs yet is practicable to implement
- Design reports that are repeatable and flexible in a changing environment
- Ad-hoc analysis and interpretation of Hunter Class reports
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Ability to identify and prioritise tasks towards agreed objectives
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Degree in engineering or scientific discipline, or equivalent
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.