Procurement & Subcontracts Manager AGAT | NSW-North Ryde
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Jul-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Key procurement and subcontract management opportunity based in North Ryde, New South Wales
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Procurement and Subcontract Manager to join our team in North Ryde, New South Wales.
Reporting to the Commercial and Subcontract Manager, the Procurement and Subcontract Manager will be responsible for the establishment, placement and management of the appropriate contract arrangements with suppliers, to deliver the cost, schedule, quality and safety requirements of the business, through effective relationship and performance management, maximize value and minimize risk.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Support the development of robust supplier sourcing strategies for the business
- Manage the procurement elements of bid and tenders
- Lead the supplier evaluation process, including negotiations, and finalise supplier agreements
- Ensure adherence to contractual obligations though effective commercial management, including payments, claims, warranties, cash flow, and flow down of contract amendments
- Proactively manage the performance of suppliers, maintaining effective working relationships
- Identify and manage supplier risks and opportunities, including those of the supplier's supply chains
- Generate and manage the Lifecycle Management procurement and subcontract management plans
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Experience in the management of and flow down of the ASDEFCON suite of tendering and Contracting Templates
- A Degree qualification (commerce, law, business management, engineering, or project management or MCIPS) preferred, along with substantial commercial experience, including previous leadership experience (desirable)
- The ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements
- The ability to negotiate with, and influence, internal and external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit, whilst maintaining key relationships
- The ability to use and adapt written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of different audiences, is critical for this role
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.