External Maintenance Planning Manager | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Key maintenance planning management opportunity based on Garden Island, New South Wales
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented External Maintenance Planning Manager to join our team on Garden Island, New South Wales.
An attractive remuneration package is available, including ongoing mentoring programs and training plans to support your professional development and career progression. You will enjoy a flexible work-life balance whilst developing your career in a global company, with great opportunities for personal and professional growth.
The DDG Maintenance Sustainment team is responsible for delivering and assuring the AMO responsibilities as part of the Authorised Material Seaworthiness Delivery Organisation (AMSDO). Reporting to the Maintenance Assurance Manager, as the External Maintenance Planning Manager, you will be responsible for the management, leadership, and guidance of external maintenance activities.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Be accountable for the development and planning of external maintenance activities (EMA)
- Provide leadership for EMA planning activities and progression of the EMA milestone calendar
- Provide direction and support of material subcontractors for the planning and development of EMA work lists
- Control and action quote and estimation workflow, associated with EMA planning and development
- Responsible for the assurance validation and project closure, including the development of a project analysis report
- Support the reporting of project performance and issues at the Business Unit Reviews and Enterprise reporting
- Develop and continually improve relationships and behaviours, in support of the Destroyer Enterprise charter
- Provide direction to motivate and ensure the performance of the Destroyer Enterprise, on a daily basis
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Project management experience working within a defence or maritime sustainment project environment, paired with relevant tertiary qualifications to diploma or degree level
- Proven ability to lead and motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements
- An ability to negotiate with, and influence stakeholders whilst maintaining key relationships
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under his/her own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- High literacy and numeracy skills as well as advanced MS Office skills, especially in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.